Monday, June 16, 2008

"Who's motorcycle is this?"



"It's not a motorcycle baby...it's a chopper..."


There's another new addition to the family.

Yes, Ana and I have a new baby.






It's loud - boy does she have some pipes on her.



It needs to be cleaned up after being out all day - and we are stocking ultra-soft cloth diapers now.



It attracts people, who want to look at it, and make faces at it - mostly shock and awe.



And both of us want our turn to hug her and hang on tight - forever.






Most of all of you know that I've had a want to ride motorcycles for a long time. And last year I took my riding course, tested, passed(of course), and earned my license to ride. I purchased an old beater bike - a '88 Kawasaki Ninja, that just HAD to be the same as the one Tom Cruise rode in Top Gun - so that I could get a feel for riding, learning the ins-and-outs of the road, and the feel of a cycle.






I fell in love immediately, and Ana encouraged me quite often to get out and ride more. I mostly took the bike on rides around Anthem, running errands, going to meet by buddy Tracy for coffee, and took Ana out a few times as well on short runs.






Back at the beginning of April, when Ana and I came out for Ava's birthday party in Fresno, then to Disneyland for Ana's birthday, we stopped by our friend Devin's shop in Orange County. I told him that I was ready to throw down on a bike, and would love it if he could help me out. I didn't hear from him as quick as I expected. Those of you that know me, know that I have very little patience to 'wait and buy'. I have to go and 'get it now', while the money's burning a hole in my pocket. Although over the years, I've grown to practice a bit more patience, and taking my time researching and looking, I still couldn't wait to hear from Devin.






Weeks turned into months and the 'fire went away', and it was in the back of my mind. Until two weeks ago, and I get a message from Devin while I was traveling. It was short, brief, and to the point: "Bob...Devin...how you doin' buddy? I just took a bike in here about a half-hour ago, and it's the one." He said he'd send some pictures over, look at it, and give him a call, but assured me that this is the bike.






Ana and I planned a trip to come out to California the same weekend as Father Day, the weekend of Mom's birthday, and a family gathering on Saturday, and to check out the box and finalize the deal if it was indeed, 'the one'.






Well, we pulled up Saturday morning, and Rod(Dev's guy) was out front cleaning up. We parked the Prius, walked on up, looked at each other and smiled, and knew - she's the one.






So here she is. Hope you enjoy the shots. While we enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Momma Sue said...

Had been checking here daily...knowing you would make an entry QUICKLY about this new passion of yours. :)

Looks great! ...and I know how excited and proud you are. Congrats!
Love, Mom

christianne said...

woot-woot! congrats, bob and ana! the bike is a beauty. you two look great standing together next to it. (bob, your hair's getting so long!) ana, i loved the mirror image of you taking the picture of the harley emblem. :)

sounds like it will be a lot of FUN! and we're stoked, too, for your new prius purchase. you two are making all kinds of great decisions lately for yourselves. awesome. it's fun to hear about.