Saturday, November 8, 2008

I am 32 years today...


Look at me in this photo - as Ana always points out - man, I am a ham


I turned 32 years old today.


I can really grasp this turning of the age sort of thing that people always talk about. The getting older, feeling wiser in my observations, and even the cracks and sounds that my joints and limbs make remind me that I've been through so much in my many years. I'm not going to bore you with lines of memories of my years, however I feel tasked with writing this note to you all to remind you of who I am.


I am you. And thank you for who I am.


Every person in my life has been a part of making me who I am. Good, bad and the in-betweens are equally paired when it comes to the simple truth of the lessons learned. Chalk them up to the experiences of a life well lived. I'm happy. I'm content. That's a lot compared to what I used to be. But it is that simple. For now. My life, our lives, Ana and mine are going to be filled this coming year with all the necessary tasks, deadlines, choices, and of course the taxing measure of expenses on our wedding. And we'll still be in our full time jobs, and one of us in college.


But in the end of it all - I'll be fine. We'll be fine. Everything is going to be alright.


So Happy Birthday to me. And thank you, all of you, for my life and what you've helped make it to be. I could never have done it without you.

3 comments:

christianne said...

This is perhaps the sweetest birthday reflection I have ever read. I love who you have become and are still becoming. Happy birthday, bro-ham. I love you.

Momma Sue said...

Oh, the many tears (just now streaming and long past shed) for all the joys, the sorrows, the struggles, the victories...yes, the victories--and there are many!

How I love you, my son!
Your grateful and contented Mother
XO

Momma Sue said...

When are you gonna update this blog?!?!?

At least post a link to Ana's wedding website so I can jump to there from here, okay??

Thanks for letting me have my say. I'm finished ranting now.

Love you,
The Momma