Friday, May 22, 2009

Just one of the many reasons...


I knew wedding planning was going to be a lot work and even more complicated because we are getting married in California and planning from Arizona. Two weeks ago, we drove out to LA to meet with both a baker and a florist (and take care of other wedding tasks). Our Saturday was fully booked with meetings including one with the florist was at 7 pm so we planned around that appointment. We met the baker, had lunch, researched hotels, ran some errands all while Bobby was a champ (his knee had been really bugging him all day long).

By 6:30, we drove out to the florist shop, drove around looking for a parking spot, scrambled for change for the parking meter...and walked up to the shop. It looked dark inside. Rather than jump to conclusions, I was trying to talk myself into thinking..."they're in the back...they just put up the closed sign and turned off the lights so people wouldn't come into the shop." I called the florist and cringed when I could hear the phone ringing inside the shop. I tried it again and I could feel both Bobby and I getting mad over this. So this is where I had choice...I could totally blow up over something that was completely out of my control (despite the multiple confirmations) or I could just let it go.

=sigh= JUST LET IT GO.

We walked back to the car in the chilly weather in silence. As we drove away, I thought again "Just let it go. Just let it go." I was so disappointed that I really wasn't paying attention to where we were going...I just knew it wasn't back to Corona. Minutes and miles went by and then we found ourselves at South Coast Plaza. We parked and Bobby said "C'mon! We have to get there before they close!" Bad knee and all, we ran up the escalators and tried to get to H&M before they closed. It's one of my favorite stores but most importantly that despite a long day of girlie/wedding stuff and a bad knee and running up the escalators...Bobby tried to make me feel better with a little trip to H&M. It was incredibly thoughtful of him to go out of the way to make me smile....I didn't get to shop at H&M but we did have a great dinner at Stubrick's and laughed it off. His thoughtfulness and ability to make me laugh are just some of the reasons I love the cute boy in the picture....

1 comment:

Momma Sue said...

...and all this is just one of the reasons I love you, sweet girl. I love your attitude and your whole outlook on life, Ana. I am so happy my son found a wonderful woman to marry...his perfect match is YOU. Love you both!
Momma